September 18, 2009

Where do I fit in?



I decided to write a quick post to share my thoughts on the KIRKSVILLE MULTISPORT group.  My name is Brooke, I'm Allen Goans' wife.  Allen is very athletic and has been competing for years and I've been an active spectator (pictured above) and shutterbug at every triathlon, marathon and fun run and love it! 

I encouraged Allen to get behind his passion of the multisport life and start something that shares his love of the sport with others and  it left me wondering... where do I fit in?  I'm not competitive at all... and isn't that what it's all about?  Absolutely NOT!  It's about living an active lifestyle and surrounding yourself with others that share the same passion.

Being surrounded by the multisport life, I discovered my love of biking a couple years ago.  Allen and I have ridden both the STP (Seattle to Portland) bike ride and RAGBRAI (Bike Ride Across Iowa).  This year I even joined a triathlon team and rode the bike leg.  My new challenge is running.  I told a friend I would run a half marathon next June in Seattle and now it's time to start training considering I've never even run a 5K!  So, for me it's about participation, not competition... and that's where I fit in!

It's solely up to you to take from KIRKSVILLE MULTISPORT what fuels you and meet great people while doing it!  We're a group of individuals that love swimming, biking and running in northeast Missouri!  If you share this love... join us at one of our group workouts... we have a good time.  And, please, spread the word!